Saturday, January 24, 2009

The big ONE -- Norah's first birthday!

Our big birthday girl!

Norah turned one January 9. I cannot even begin to describe how fast this first year has gone. It really truly feels like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital and now here we are a year later and she's walking (or running) and talking. A year ago she was entirely dependent on Scott and I for everything and now she's little miss independent. As I type this she's sitting next to me in her high chair munching on a cracker and banana pieces. And now she's yelling at me to get out. Typical.

But I digress. Back to the party:

The scene is set. We went with a Curious George/Princess theme. I couldn't resist having pink at our little girl's first b-day party. But our little monkey loves Curious George so much that we couldn't leave him out either.


Look at that cake! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Grandma Kathy rocks! This is actually tons of cupcakes all iced together to form a Curious George. And of course there is one special cupcake for the Birthday Girl!

Opening presents. I was worried that Norah would freak out with so many people all focused on her. But I should have known that the little ham would love it.


It's almost cake time!


Dainty does it. No smashing the cake for this little lady.

Finally. Some mess. And on to cupcake number two. C'mon a girl only turns one once!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aw, Happy (Belated) First Birthday, Norah!